uvex Safety Products
Protec Direct are proud to work in partnership with the German personal protective equipment manufacturer, uvex. Protec supplies uvex safety products in the UK including uvex ladies safety shoes as well as a wide range of uvex eyewear, respiratory equipment and other protective equipment. All products are certified to the appropriate quality and compliance standards where necessary. Buy uvex safety work boots and workwear online today and get free delivery when you spend over £25.
Uvex Roadworks & Equipment
Uvex Safety Glasses and Goggles
Uvex Face Protection
Uvex Safety Footwear
Uvex Respiratory Protective Equipment
Disposable FFP2 Dust Masks
If you are looking for FFP2 disposable respirators then you have come to the right place, as here at Protec we stock of a great selection which includes top brands like 3M, Respair, Moldex and Draeger. These masks are vital in helping to keep workers safe when there are harmful particles in the air, and it is actually the law for employers to provide them in some instances. Browse the complete range of FFP2 masks below, or read on to learn more about our disposable respirator range which also includes FFP1and FFP3 masks.
What are FFP2 masks?
FFP2 masks are types of respiratory protective equipment (RPE) which provide protection from airborne particles in accordance with official FFP dust mask ratings set out in EN 149. This European Standard ensures that FFP2 graded dust masks can protect against a moderate level of dust as well as solid or liquid aerosols, and ensures that the masks can filter a minimum of 94% of airborne particles. This makes FFP2 dust masks suitable for tasks such as plastering, sanding and carpentry.
In terms of other dust mask ratings, the FFP2 rating is the equivalent to 10x OEL Protection and 10x APF Protection.
Standards and Regulations for FFP2 disposable respirators
All of our FFP2 dust masks adhere to the EN149 European Standard which governs the general requirements and proper markings for RPE. There are also regulations which cover employers’ responsibilities for FFP2 dust masks and other respiratory equipment. These include:
- Personal Protection Equipment Regulations (2002) – Employers must provide and maintain PPE to a suitable level and ensure that employees are fully trained on how to use it in the correct manner.
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations (2002) – Employers are responsible for protecting employees when they are working in environments which expose them to substances which are hazardous to their health.
Browse the full range of FFP2 disposable dust masks below or use the filters on the left to find exactly what you need. There are many more specialist items in our RPE collection, including respiratory helmets and welding respirators.
Disposable FFP3 Respirators
At Protec, we stock a variety of FFP3 masks to help keep your workers safe.
When are FFP3 masks needed?
FFP3 respirator masks are required when workers are exposed to materials such as:
- Higher level fine dust or oil
- Water-based mists
- Hazardous pharmaceutical powders
At Protec, we sell FFP3 compliant respirators from a range of top brands including Respair, Draeger, Uvex, Moldex and 3M. All of these FFP3 masks filter a minimum of 99% of airborne particles, and are suitable for use in asbestos removal.
Regulations and standards for respiratory protection
Employers have a responsibility to protect workers if they are exposed to materials which could be harmful. The legislation and standards you should be aware of are as follows:
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations (2002) - According to these regulations, employers are responsible for protecting workers from being exposed to substances which could be hazardous to their health.
- Personal Protection Equipment Regulations (2002) - These regulations state that PPE equipment must be monitored to ensure it is fit for purpose, as well as being properly stored and maintained. Employees must also be trained on how to use it.
- EN 149 - This European standard lays out the general requirements and markings required for respiratory protection equipment to be fit for purpose.
At Protec, you can rest assured that all our FFP3 respirators comply with relevant European and British legislation, including the EN 149 standard. Browse our range of disposable respirator masks below, and make sure you’re equipped to meet the safety standards required.
Uvex Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
In many workplace environments, the wearing of the face and eye protection is mandatory due to the range of day-to-day tasks that can cause serious injuries to the eyes. Eye injuries can translate into pain, loss of time, money and loss of sight. Browse our range of protective eyewear, goggles, and protective eyewear below.
Hand protection gloves and sleeves can help to maximise safety, as well as ensuring you comply with international and European safety laws including EN420 (the general requirements for gloves). Find our full range of protective gloves and sleeves for a wide range of purposes below.
We offer a range of safety boots and shoes here at Protec Direct, to provide both men and women with protection from workplace hazards.
Safety footwear protects from cuts, slips, falling objects, metal and chemical splashes and the range of soles available prevent slipping in most environments.
Uvex Hand Protection
For workers in the construction industry, gloves offer valuable protection for a wide range of tasks.
Here at Protec Direct, we stock builders’ gloves from top brands like Showa, Juba and Polyco, which are designed to provide grip, comfort and protection. Our range includes nitrile gloves, palm coated gloves and latex grip gloves, so you can find an option that’s just right for every member of your team.
When workers are exposed to sharp tools or materials, it is important that employers put measures in place to ensure their safety on site. Here at Protec, we stock a wide range of cut resistant gloves from leading brands including Traffiglove, Ansell, Skytec and Uvex, which offer the wearer durability as well as comfort. You can also find specialist gloves such as lightweight cut resistant gloves and glass fibre gloves for more specific purposes.
Loss of grip and inflexibility can be frustrating for workers in a range of industries who require the use of gloves to carry out their jobs, but thankfully PU coated gloves offer a great solution to these issues. Here at Protec we stock a wide range of polyurethane coated gloves from leading brands such as Ansell, Polyco and Honeywell. Browse our full range below.
Uvex Hearing Protection
Corded / Banded Earplugs
Equipping your team with disposable ear protection is crucial to adhere to the safety standards that are expected of you as an employer. In fact, disposable ear protection such as corded earplugs, is just one of many pieces of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) that ensure your team’s wellbeing.
Here, at Protec Direct, we stock the highest quality branded hearing protection and the highest rated ear plugs from leading suppliers, such as Peltor, Honeywell and Uvex earplugs. Unlike other forms of ear protection, ear buds sit within the ear canal, which can offer greater protection from extreme levels of noise.
There are a number of working environments that require noise reduction ear plugs, such as airports and construction sites. Below, we guide you through the best noise reduction earplugs we offer. We’ll suggest how they can sustain the wellbeing of your team, and uphold legal safety requirements.
The range of corded and banded earplugs available from Protec Direct
We offer a full scope of corded earplugs for noise reduction. So, whether you work in engineering, food production or plumbing, we have the protective equipment to help you care for your employees.
Ear protection and the law
Based on the Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005, employers are expected to provide sound cancelling ear plugs for all employees if they’re in an environment with 85 decibels (dB) of daily or weekly exposure. If you’re unsure about the level of volume in your workplace, use the HSE noise exposure calculator to find out how much noise your workplace generates.
Employees must also be fully trained on how to use their ear protection correctly and safely, and know when it must be worn. Hearing Protection Zones in the workplace should also be clearly identified, wherein the use of banded hearing protection is absolutely necessary to avoid injury.
How do I choose the best ear protection?
There are a number of considerations to make when buying the right ear plugs for your workplace. These are as follows:
- Ensure that the ear protection you have chosen will reduce noise to below 85dB to guarantee the individual’s safety. For example, the UVEX Whisper Corded Ear plugs can be used for noise levels up to 100dB.
- • For a working environment that’s physically demanding, with a lot of manual labour being undertaken, then opt for banded earplugs that are stable yet lightweight. The UVEX X-Cap plugs have a secure band, and are ergonomically designed to make positioning easier.
- If the workspace generates dust and debris then a No-Touch pair of earplugs is recommended. These would also suit those wearing protective gloves at work, for example in construction, as the stems make insertion easier. Opting for a hygiene-conscious pair can reduce the chances of ear infection. In this case, the 3M Corded Ear Plugs would also be a good choice, as their dirt-resistant surface provides better hygiene and durability.
- If your employees have to work in low visibility areas, in overnight road construction for example, then highly visible earplugs lower the risk of loss, as well as ensure compliance checks are much easier. Here at Protec Direct, we offer the Laserlite Corded Earplug LL-30E in magenta and yellow, which is perfectly designed for low visibility workspaces.
- If the employee is not within a Hearing Protection Zone, and the need for hearing protection is intermittent, then we suggest plugs that are easy to put on and take off. For example, the 3M Banded Ear plugs are often provided to factory visitors, due to their disposability and convenience.
Browse our complete selection of reusable corded ear plugs for sale below, and don’t forget to take advantage of our free next day delivery, available to all customers who spend over £25. For any further queries, don’t hesitate to contact a member of our team.
Disposable hearing protection is an essential item of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) that is necessary to adhere to the safety standards expected of you as an employer and care for your employees’ wellbeing.Here at Protec Direct, we stock the highest quality commercial ear plugs, from leading brands such as Peltor, Honeywell and Uvex. There are a number of working environments that require effective disposable ear protection, such as motoring and engineering. Below, we guide you through the best ear protection we offer, and how they can serve to protect your team and uphold legal safety requirements.
The range of disposable earplugs available from Protec Direct
From 3M Classic Ear Plugs to Moldex Ear Plugs, we offer a full scope of disposable foam hearing protection at Protec Direct. Whatever the working environment, whether construction or food production, we supply the leading brands in PPE to ensure the safety of your team. We’re proud to assure you that all Protec Direct hearing protection meets the appropriate British and European legislation requirements.
Ear protection and the law
Based on the Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005, employers are required to provide sound cancelling ear plugs for all employees if they’re in an environment with 85 decibels (dB) of daily or weekly exposure. If you’re unsure about the level of volume in your workplace, use the HSE noise exposure calculator to find out how much noise your workplace generates.
Employees must also be fully trained in how to use their ear protection correctly and safely, and know when it must be worn throughout their working day. It is also required that Hearing Protection Zones in the workplace are clearly marked and identified.
How do I choose the best ear protection?
- Ensure that the ear protection you have chosen will reduce noise to below 85dB to guarantee the individual’s safety.
- Consider the working environment, including how regularly the protection will need to be worn. For example, if worn for a long duration, disposable foam earplugs are recommended. Products like the Moldex 7700 Purafit Foam Ear Plugs have a tapered design and extended length, meaning comprehensive protection that doesn’t sacrifice the wearer’s comfort.
- Think about the other PPE the employee will be wearing. For example, those working near large machinery will also be wearing hard hats or helmets, so cordless earplugs such as the Uvex Ear Plugs would work well.
- It’s advised to take into account the hygiene of the area. If your employees work somewhere that’s often dirty, the dirt resistant surface of the 3M 1100 Ear Plugs will prove useful.
Browse our complete selection of disposable ear plugs for sale below, and don’t forget to take advantage of our free next day delivery, available to all customers who spend over £25. For any further queries, don’t hesitate to contact a member of our team.
Earplug Dispensers & Refills
Here at Protec Direct, we offer the highest quality ear plug refills and dispensers from leading brands such as Honeywell and 3M, in order to keep your team protected.
Having the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is a legal obligation you need to meet to protect your workforce, and ensure your business is a safe place to work. So whether you work in construction, engineering, agriculture or elsewhere, we have the equipment you need to keep your team safe and productive.
The range of earplug dispensers and refills available from Protec Direct
We know how important it is that PPE is readily accessible to your workforce at all times. This is why we only stock earplug dispensers and refills of the highest quality. We’re proud to assure each of our customers that all the products we sell meet the necessary British and European legislation requirements.
Ear protection and the law
The Control of Noise at Work Regulations (2005) stipulate that employers must supply their workforce with sound cancelling ear protection for environments with 85 decibels (dB) of daily or weekly noise exposure. If you’re not sure if your workplace exceeds 85dB, you can use the HSE noise exposure calculator to identify your hearing protection needs.
How do I choose the best refills and dispensers?
It’s crucial that you’re stocked with the best ear protection to suit your workforce’s needs. When choosing the right ear plug refills and dispensers, there are a number a factors to take into consideration, including:
- All ear protection you supply to your team must be able to reduce the noise to below 85dB.
- If ear protection is required outdoors, then you may require an earplug wall mount dispenser that can withstand extreme weather conditions and repeated use. The 3M Ear Plug Dispenser is built to last, and accurately dispenses one earplug at a time. Opt for a 3M ear plug refill bottle with 500 foam ear plugs when you purchase this dispenser to provide durable protection that’s both effective and easily accessible.
- Consider your company’s tolerance for packing waste. For those with a low tolerance, it’s best to opt for a dispenser with special packaging options such as this Laserlite Dispenser Refill from Honeywell. This refill also comes with low-pressure, highly visible ear plugs that make compliance checks easy.
Browse our full range of ear plug dispensers and refills below, and take advantage of our free delivery when you spend £25. For any further queries, don’t hesitate to contact a member of our team who will be more than happy to help.