Respair Respiratory Protective Equipment
Disposable FFP2 Dust Masks
If you are looking for FFP2 disposable respirators then you have come to the right place, as here at Protec we stock of a great selection which includes top brands like 3M, Respair, Moldex and Draeger. These masks are vital in helping to keep workers safe when there are harmful particles in the air, and it is actually the law for employers to provide them in some instances. Browse the complete range of FFP2 masks below, or read on to learn more about our disposable respirator range which also includes FFP1and FFP3 masks.
What are FFP2 masks?
FFP2 masks are types of respiratory protective equipment (RPE) which provide protection from airborne particles in accordance with official FFP dust mask ratings set out in EN 149. This European Standard ensures that FFP2 graded dust masks can protect against a moderate level of dust as well as solid or liquid aerosols, and ensures that the masks can filter a minimum of 94% of airborne particles. This makes FFP2 dust masks suitable for tasks such as plastering, sanding and carpentry.
In terms of other dust mask ratings, the FFP2 rating is the equivalent to 10x OEL Protection and 10x APF Protection.
Standards and Regulations for FFP2 disposable respirators
All of our FFP2 dust masks adhere to the EN149 European Standard which governs the general requirements and proper markings for RPE. There are also regulations which cover employers’ responsibilities for FFP2 dust masks and other respiratory equipment. These include:
- Personal Protection Equipment Regulations (2002) – Employers must provide and maintain PPE to a suitable level and ensure that employees are fully trained on how to use it in the correct manner.
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations (2002) – Employers are responsible for protecting employees when they are working in environments which expose them to substances which are hazardous to their health.
Browse the full range of FFP2 disposable dust masks below or use the filters on the left to find exactly what you need. There are many more specialist items in our RPE collection, including respiratory helmets and welding respirators.
Disposable FFP3 Respirators
At Protec, we stock a variety of FFP3 masks to help keep your workers safe.
When are FFP3 masks needed?
FFP3 respirator masks are required when workers are exposed to materials such as:
- Higher level fine dust or oil
- Water-based mists
- Hazardous pharmaceutical powders
At Protec, we sell FFP3 compliant respirators from a range of top brands including Respair, Draeger, Uvex, Moldex and 3M. All of these FFP3 masks filter a minimum of 99% of airborne particles, and are suitable for use in asbestos removal.
Regulations and standards for respiratory protection
Employers have a responsibility to protect workers if they are exposed to materials which could be harmful. The legislation and standards you should be aware of are as follows:
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations (2002) - According to these regulations, employers are responsible for protecting workers from being exposed to substances which could be hazardous to their health.
- Personal Protection Equipment Regulations (2002) - These regulations state that PPE equipment must be monitored to ensure it is fit for purpose, as well as being properly stored and maintained. Employees must also be trained on how to use it.
- EN 149 - This European standard lays out the general requirements and markings required for respiratory protection equipment to be fit for purpose.
At Protec, you can rest assured that all our FFP3 respirators comply with relevant European and British legislation, including the EN 149 standard. Browse our range of disposable respirator masks below, and make sure you’re equipped to meet the safety standards required.
Here at Protec Direct we stock a range of high performing and legally compliant welding respirators to suit a number of industrial applications. You can choose from disposable welding respirators, typically used for fine dust, oil or water-based mists, and there are options for metal fume, ozone and nuisance levels of certain gases and vapours. All Protec Direct respiratory masks conform to the appropriate British and European legislation requirements. Shop our collection of welding respirators now, or read on to find out more.
The range of welding respirators from Protec Direct
The use of welding respirators are an essential – and legal – requirement, so getting the right product for the work you’re undertaking is crucial. During welding, potentially dangerous fumes and gases are released, which if inhaled, can cause harm to the operative.
As part of our personal protective equipment (PPE) range, we stock welding respirators suited to a number of different industries and styles of work. Our customers have the peace of mind that their staff are protected and their business meets legal requirements, as we only stock welding respirators from industry-recognised brands, including 3M and Respair. All of our welding respirators are fume-valved, to help with the protection, and are equipped with individual data sheets, so you can get the exact spec and protection you need. Our welding respirators are used by a number of key industries, including construction, welding and soldering, iron and steel foundries and all types of manufacture, so you’re sure to find the right one for your business.
Regulations and Standards for using welding respirators
The Protect Direct team are proud to provide our customers with welding respirators that meet all regulations and standards expected in this industry. These include:
- Personal Protective Equipment Regulations. As an employer, you are legally obliged to provide your employees with safe working practices, so that PPE isn’t necessary, but with the correct protective equipment, that is safe and durable, when it is needed.
- EN149:2001 – The European Standard for filtering masks and face pieces that requires respirators to be entirely, or substantially, made from filtering material.
There are further details about the regulations and standards that each welding respirator adheres to in the individual product description, but if you’re unsure about anything, please don’t hesitate to contact our team, or call us on 0870 333 3081.
You can browse our selection of welding respirators below, and benefit from free next day delivery if you spend over £25. Did you know we also have a range of other respirators available in our range, from Scott Tornado Respirators to dust masks.