Exclusive Brand Hand Protection
For workers in the construction industry, gloves offer valuable protection for a wide range of tasks.
Here at Protec Direct, we stock builders’ gloves from top brands like Showa, Juba and Polyco, which are designed to provide grip, comfort and protection. Our range includes nitrile gloves, palm coated gloves and latex grip gloves, so you can find an option that’s just right for every member of your team.
When workers are exposed to sharp tools or materials, it is important that employers put measures in place to ensure their safety on site. Here at Protec, we stock a wide range of cut resistant gloves from leading brands including Traffiglove, Ansell, Skytec and Uvex, which offer the wearer durability as well as comfort. You can also find specialist gloves such as lightweight cut resistant gloves and glass fibre gloves for more specific purposes.
The heat-resistant gloves below are ideal for protecting yourself or your employees from all kinds of heat, including dry, moist, thermal or atmospheric, with each type of glove specially designed to withstand certain hazards. Our heat resistant and retardant gloves are made from a variety of materials, including leather, Kevlar and cloth, and come from well-established brands such as Ansell and Polyco. Browse the full range below.
At Protec Direct we stock a variety of nitrile coated work gloves, offering a high level of grip and protection for workers in a range of industries. Customers can choose gloves from industry-leading brands, such as Ansell, Marigold and Showa, with a variety of designs and sizes available. Whether you are a self-employed trader or large organisation, it is the law to protect employees when on the job, so browse our range of nitrile coated gloves below to find what you need to keep your team safe.
At Protec Direct you can find a great selection of high-quality rigger gloves. These versatile gloves are the go-to option for hand protection in a huge range of industries, with their high durability and low cost making them a great value option for employers looking to buy PPE for staff.
Protec Direct supply a wide range of PVC coated gloves from industry-leading brands. In our selection, you can choose from single and double dip PVC gloves, depending on the nature of your industry or tasks, and whichever you choose you can rest assured that you’ll get high-quality PPE hand protection every time. Browse the complete range below.
Exclusive Brand Waterproof / PVC Clothing
Exclusive Brand Head Protection
Exclusive Brand Clothing & Workwear
Hi-Vis Jackets, Waistcoats And ClothingThroughout many industries and working environments, hi-vis clothing provides safety, ensures compliance with risk assessments and significantly reduces the frequency of fatal incidents occurring.
High Visibility Clothing And The Law
The Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations 1992 set out the many factors that must be considered when choosing the correct PPE. The clothing must be suitable for the job and this can range from a single hi-vis waistcoat to a full hi-vis boilersuit.
In addition the clothing must be suitable for the worker, compatible with other PPE and meet clothing standards such as BS EN 471 for hi-visibility clothing.
The Hazards Faced At Work:
Construction sites – When working on construction sites there are daily dangers and hi-vis clothing must always be worn to prevent incidents and fatalities occurring when operating plant and machinery.
Work on roadways or footpaths – When working on roadways or footpaths, hi-vis clothing protects both those working and any passing vehicles by ensuring any employees can be easily seen.
The Ranges Of Hi-Vis Clothing Available
The many different ranges of hi-vis clothing available from Protec Direct conform to all appropriate European safety standards and we pride ourselves on being able to provide a fantastic range of garments.
Our extensive range includes hi-vis vests, jackets, waistcoats, trousers and leisurewear such as t-shirts and fleeces. We are also able to supply specialised lines such as hi-vis boilersuits and GO/RT 3279 approved rail track clothing.
Hi-vis waistcoats – Suitable for most applications and provide a cost effective, safe solution.
Hi-vis jackets – With leading brands such as Helly Hansen and Sioen, Protec Direct’s range of high visibility jackets represent excellent value for money and can be personalised with our in-house branding service.
Hi-vis trousers – Protec Direct offer a wide range of high-vis trousers with many waterproof options available.
Hi-vis boilersuits – A wide range of hi-vis boilersuits are available from Protec Direct suitable for use in areas where high visibility is imperative for safety.
Railway Industry Waistcoats – European standard compliant hi-vis waistcoasts are approved for use within the railway industry.
Railway Industry Trousers – High-visibility trousers compliant with GO/RT 3279 standards setting the minimum specifications for hi-vis clothing in the rail industry.
Railway Industry Jackets – Orange, hi-vis jackets suitable for use throughout the rail industry whether working trackside or roadside.
Railway Industry Boilersuits– Full body, hi-vis boilersuits to provide complete body coverage and the highest level of safety.
European Standards for High-Visibility Clothing
BS EN 1150 – Covers garments purely for private use.
BS EN 471 – More demanding standards covering visual performance and durability for garments used in the course of a trade or profession.
GO/RT 3279 – Setting the minimum specification for high visibility warning clothing in the rail industry.
Employer Hi-Vis Checklist
Employers should provide the following as stated by the HSE:
- Provide those that are exposed to significant risks any hi-vis clothing free of charge
- Maintain hi-vis clothing in a clean, working order
- Provide storage facilities for clothing when not in use
- Supervise employees ensuring clothing is worn correctly
- Provide adequate information, training and instruction on how to properly use hi-vis clothing.
Employee Hi-Vis Checklist
Employees should endeavor to:
- Wear hi-vis clothing wherever stated by the employer
- Maintain clothing and report any issues or damage
Many working environments present hazards and require employees to wear PPE, and sometimes disposable workwear is the most appropriate selection.
The industries that commonly require the use of disposable PPE include motor repairs, chemical and asbestos removal. One of the greatest benefits of using disposable overalls in the asbestos removal industry is that they can be simply destroyed with the removed asbestos. Traditional items of PPE do not require specialist cleaning in order for them to be rendered safe to wear and having a supply of disposable suits is useful for situations where laundry costs would be high such as when protecting visitors.
Exclusive Brand Face Protection
Exclusive Brand Site Essentials
Exclusive Brand Respiratory Protective Equipment
Disposable FFP2 Dust Masks
If you are looking for FFP2 disposable respirators then you have come to the right place, as here at Protec we stock of a great selection which includes top brands like 3M, Respair, Moldex and Draeger. These masks are vital in helping to keep workers safe when there are harmful particles in the air, and it is actually the law for employers to provide them in some instances. Browse the complete range of FFP2 masks below, or read on to learn more about our disposable respirator range which also includes FFP1and FFP3 masks.
What are FFP2 masks?
FFP2 masks are types of respiratory protective equipment (RPE) which provide protection from airborne particles in accordance with official FFP dust mask ratings set out in EN 149. This European Standard ensures that FFP2 graded dust masks can protect against a moderate level of dust as well as solid or liquid aerosols, and ensures that the masks can filter a minimum of 94% of airborne particles. This makes FFP2 dust masks suitable for tasks such as plastering, sanding and carpentry.
In terms of other dust mask ratings, the FFP2 rating is the equivalent to 10x OEL Protection and 10x APF Protection.
Standards and Regulations for FFP2 disposable respirators
All of our FFP2 dust masks adhere to the EN149 European Standard which governs the general requirements and proper markings for RPE. There are also regulations which cover employers’ responsibilities for FFP2 dust masks and other respiratory equipment. These include:
- Personal Protection Equipment Regulations (2002) – Employers must provide and maintain PPE to a suitable level and ensure that employees are fully trained on how to use it in the correct manner.
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations (2002) – Employers are responsible for protecting employees when they are working in environments which expose them to substances which are hazardous to their health.
Browse the full range of FFP2 disposable dust masks below or use the filters on the left to find exactly what you need. There are many more specialist items in our RPE collection, including respiratory helmets and welding respirators.
Disposable FFP3 Respirators
At Protec, we stock a variety of FFP3 masks to help keep your workers safe.
When are FFP3 masks needed?
FFP3 respirator masks are required when workers are exposed to materials such as:
- Higher level fine dust or oil
- Water-based mists
- Hazardous pharmaceutical powders
At Protec, we sell FFP3 compliant respirators from a range of top brands including Respair, Draeger, Uvex, Moldex and 3M. All of these FFP3 masks filter a minimum of 99% of airborne particles, and are suitable for use in asbestos removal.
Regulations and standards for respiratory protection
Employers have a responsibility to protect workers if they are exposed to materials which could be harmful. The legislation and standards you should be aware of are as follows:
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations (2002) - According to these regulations, employers are responsible for protecting workers from being exposed to substances which could be hazardous to their health.
- Personal Protection Equipment Regulations (2002) - These regulations state that PPE equipment must be monitored to ensure it is fit for purpose, as well as being properly stored and maintained. Employees must also be trained on how to use it.
- EN 149 - This European standard lays out the general requirements and markings required for respiratory protection equipment to be fit for purpose.
At Protec, you can rest assured that all our FFP3 respirators comply with relevant European and British legislation, including the EN 149 standard. Browse our range of disposable respirator masks below, and make sure you’re equipped to meet the safety standards required.
Full Face Respirators & Half Mask Respirators
At Protec Direct we stock an amazing selection of high-quality half mask and full face respirators as part of our full collection of respiratory protective equipment. All of the respirators below are crucial in helping to keep you safe when working in areas with contaminated air. If you are an employer, then by law you may have to provide half mask or full face respirators to employees as part of their PPE – read on below to learn more about these regulations.
What are half mask and full face respirators?
Both full face and half mask respirators offer the wearer exceptional levels of protection for workers against air that contains particles and can be used for purifying air which is contaminated. This includes particles such as wood or stone when the materials are being cut, dust, or hazards chemicals and solvents. Both of these types of respirators have their own uses:
- Full face respirators help to provide complete respiratory protection from particles in the air, but also provide protection for the eyes against airborne particles.
- Half mask respirators are less intrusive but still provide complete respiratory protection for the wearer. They can be paired with safety glasses or goggles to offer all the protection of a full face respirator.
Who uses half mask and full face respirator masks?
Half mask respirators and full face respirators are used in a wide range of occupations in which the wearer requires protection from the chemicals or particles in the air around them. These include, but are not limited to industries such as carpentry, metal work, masonry, painting and decorating, chemical and laboratories, janitorial, property renovations, and the arts and creative industries.
Regulations and Standards for half and full mask respirators
All of the respiratory PPE available online at Protec Direct conform to the relevant European Standards. These include:
- EN136 – This European Standard defines a full face respiratory mask as one which covers the chin, eyes, nose and mouth.
- EN140 – This European Standard covers the technical specifications for half and quarter face mask. It defines a half face respiratory mask as one which covers the mouth, nose and chin.
- EN143 – This European Standard covers particle filters used in respiratory masks and ensures they are classified according to their filtering efficiency. It splits filters into three categories – P1, P2, and P3.
There are also a number of regulations which govern respirators and PPE at work and set out an employers’ responsibilities, such as:
- Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations (1992) – It is essential for employers to ensure safe systems of work so the need for PPE is minimised, but where PPE is necessary it should be provided and always be fit for purpose. The PPE should be maintained and checked regularly and employees should be trained on how to correctly use it.
Browse the full collection of full and half face respirator mass below and find the suitable items for you and your employees. Or, browse many other specialist items such as FFP3 disposable respirators and welding respirators in our full RPE collection.
Exclusive Brand Safety Footwear
Exclusive Brand Safety Glasses and Goggles
Exclusive Brand Hi-Vis Clothing
Buy hi-vis vests from Protec Direct. We provide excellent value by ensuring our value Exclusive Brand competes with the cheapest hi vis vests online. All of our high visibility vests conform to the European standards outlined in EN471. Make sure your workforce stay visible. You can also brand your vests by printing them using your company logo, name or position.
Exclusive Brand Disposable Workwear
Disposable overalls and plastic coveralls from Protec Direct. These disposable coveralls (or disposable jumpsuits) will protect your clothing in a range of environments. We stock a number of different colours including red, blue and white as well as disposable coveralls for men and women. We stock disposable coveralls from brands such as 3M, DuPont and our own Exclusive Brand range, which provides outstanding value for money. Also available are flame retardant, breathable, hooded and chemical disposal overalls. Buy disposable coveralls in bulk and get free next day delivery with orders over £25.
Exclusive Brand Protec
Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
Effective PPE is vital to provide the protection your workforce requires in order to work safely and ensure that all employment laws are complied with. The range of PPE equipment from Protec Direct provides protection against most hazards that are faced within the workplace from head to toe.
PPE Regulations and the law
The Personal Protection Equipment at Work Employers are legally required to provide protection equipment for employees that face hazards in their natural working environment and must minimise or reduce any potential danger which may be encountered.
When providing PPE, employers must ensure that it is readily available and make it clear where the equipment can be found. Just having PPE on-site is not enough.
The range of PPE available from Protec Direct
Protec Direct provide an extensive range of personal protective equipment from head and face protection to safety footwear, the range provides protection when working in almost every industry and environment.
- Head Protection – Providing a wide range of safety helmets, bump hats and accessories for industries where head safety equipment is compulsory.
- Safety Glasses – For industries where eye protection is mandatory and there is a high risk of eye injuries, the range from Protec Direct will provide the safety required.
- Face Protection – From browguards to visors, the range of face protection protects against chemical splashes, metal impacts and other hazards.
- Hand Protection – Gloves, armguards and protective sleeves provide protection from a vast array of hazards that could cause injury to hands.
- Safety Footwear – Safety footwear includes boots, trainers and anti-slip footwear to provide protection for employees.
Specifying the Correct Personal Protective Equipment
Specifying the correct PPE is vital to ensuring employee safety and should only be used as a last resort where other methods of minimising the risk to employees have already been considered.
If PPE is still required, it should always be provided free of charge, carefully selected and any faults should be reported immediately. In addition the equipment should be periodically tested or replaced in line with manufacturer recommendations.
European Standards And Regulations For Personal Protection Equipment
- The Personal Protective Equipment Regulations (2002)
- The Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations (1992)
- Maintenance of equipment is vital to ensure it performs as intended and that any faults are repaired
- Ensure that all PPE is stored in the correct conditions and is accessible to all employees
- Where more than one item of equipment is being worn, ensure that they are suitable for use together and are compatible
Exclusive Brand Janitorial & Cleaning Supplies
Exclusive Brand Industrial Skin Care
Exclusive Brand Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
The correct selection and application of respiratory protective equipment (RPE) is vital for protecting employees and meeting international safety standards. There are many working environments in which effective RPE is necessary, including cutting wood or stone, using products containing volatile solvents or working in a dusty area.
There is a range of different types of respirators, from disposable respirators for single uses, welding respirators, and full respiratory helmets and hoods for maximum protection.
Exclusive Brand Safety Signs
Road traffic signs are permanently or temporarily erected at roadsides to provide instructions for road users and pedestrians. If you work on large construction sites, in road maintenance or even at temporary event sites, these signs will be a familiar sight – providing useful safety information for passers-by.
The Road Traffic Signs that are sold at Protec Direct are of the highest quality. If you need temporary road traffic sign frames, you can also buy them online at Protec Direct. As a leading UK supplier of PPE and safety equipment, businesses can rely on Protec Direct for excellent customer service and high-quality products.
Exclusive Brand Protective Workwear
Exclusive Brand Site Equipment & Consumables
Exclusive Brand Site Equipment & Tools
Exclusive Brand Hearing Protection
Corded / Banded Earplugs
Equipping your team with disposable ear protection is crucial to adhere to the safety standards that are expected of you as an employer. In fact, disposable ear protection such as corded earplugs, is just one of many pieces of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) that ensure your team’s wellbeing.
Here, at Protec Direct, we stock the highest quality branded hearing protection and the highest rated ear plugs from leading suppliers, such as Peltor, Honeywell and Uvex earplugs. Unlike other forms of ear protection, ear buds sit within the ear canal, which can offer greater protection from extreme levels of noise.
There are a number of working environments that require noise reduction ear plugs, such as airports and construction sites. Below, we guide you through the best noise reduction earplugs we offer. We’ll suggest how they can sustain the wellbeing of your team, and uphold legal safety requirements.
The range of corded and banded earplugs available from Protec Direct
We offer a full scope of corded earplugs for noise reduction. So, whether you work in engineering, food production or plumbing, we have the protective equipment to help you care for your employees.
Ear protection and the law
Based on the Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005, employers are expected to provide sound cancelling ear plugs for all employees if they’re in an environment with 85 decibels (dB) of daily or weekly exposure. If you’re unsure about the level of volume in your workplace, use the HSE noise exposure calculator to find out how much noise your workplace generates.
Employees must also be fully trained on how to use their ear protection correctly and safely, and know when it must be worn. Hearing Protection Zones in the workplace should also be clearly identified, wherein the use of banded hearing protection is absolutely necessary to avoid injury.
How do I choose the best ear protection?
There are a number of considerations to make when buying the right ear plugs for your workplace. These are as follows:
- Ensure that the ear protection you have chosen will reduce noise to below 85dB to guarantee the individual’s safety. For example, the UVEX Whisper Corded Ear plugs can be used for noise levels up to 100dB.
- • For a working environment that’s physically demanding, with a lot of manual labour being undertaken, then opt for banded earplugs that are stable yet lightweight. The UVEX X-Cap plugs have a secure band, and are ergonomically designed to make positioning easier.
- If the workspace generates dust and debris then a No-Touch pair of earplugs is recommended. These would also suit those wearing protective gloves at work, for example in construction, as the stems make insertion easier. Opting for a hygiene-conscious pair can reduce the chances of ear infection. In this case, the 3M Corded Ear Plugs would also be a good choice, as their dirt-resistant surface provides better hygiene and durability.
- If your employees have to work in low visibility areas, in overnight road construction for example, then highly visible earplugs lower the risk of loss, as well as ensure compliance checks are much easier. Here at Protec Direct, we offer the Laserlite Corded Earplug LL-30E in magenta and yellow, which is perfectly designed for low visibility workspaces.
- If the employee is not within a Hearing Protection Zone, and the need for hearing protection is intermittent, then we suggest plugs that are easy to put on and take off. For example, the 3M Banded Ear plugs are often provided to factory visitors, due to their disposability and convenience.
Browse our complete selection of reusable corded ear plugs for sale below, and don’t forget to take advantage of our free next day delivery, available to all customers who spend over £25. For any further queries, don’t hesitate to contact a member of our team.
The appropriate selection of ear defenders is critical to protect employees, and meet legal safety standards.
There are various working environments that require ear protection, such as construction, engineering, motoring and more. All of these locations pose a serious threat to workers’ hearing, and an equally serious demand for the right personal protective equipment (PPE).
The range of ear defenders available from Protec Direct
Our wide range of ear defenders include helmet-mounted, headband and neck ear muffs. We also stock widely accredited protective hearing brands, including Peltor ear defenders. All Protec Direct hearing protection earmuffs conform to the appropriate British and European legislation requirements.
Ear defenders and the Law
The Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005 require employers to eliminate or reduce the associated risks of exposure to loud noise. Regular exposure to noise can lead to extensive, and often permanent, hearing damage. To manage this, the law states that employers have a legal obligation to reduce the noise exposure, and a responsibility to equip employees with personal hearing protection.
To comply with the legal exposure limits, it’s imperative that the noise workers are exposed to, even with the appropriate safety equipment, is not above 87 decibels for daily or weekly exposure.
When providing employees with ear defenders, make sure they are used properly and that any hearing protection safety zones, wherein hearing protection is compulsory, are clearly identified.
How do I choose the correct ear defenders?
When choosing the right ear defenders, you should consider the following:
- The best hearing protection ear muffs are sufficient enough to eliminate the risk of hearing damage, but not so much so that the worker is isolated/can’t hear communication from others. A 3M Peltor WS Headset, for example, has a built-in-level-dependent function, to allow wearers to hear ambient sound, such as conversation, machine sounds and warning signals.
- Consider the role and working environment such as physical activity, comfort and hygiene to select the best safety ear muffs. For example, the 3M Peltor Optime III ear defenders have broad sealing rings in plastic foam for low-contact pressure.
- Compatibility with other protective equipment, such as hard hats, is another important factor. In industries where protective headgear is necessary, such as construction, a helmet-mounted headset is recommended to maximise on-site safety.
Hazards that require ear defenders
Ear defenders should be worn if the noise or sound level of a workplace exceeds 85 decibels. Hearing protectors will reduce the noise exposure level and the risk of hearing loss.
If hearing protection is required, then a complete hearing conservation program should be implemented.
Browse our selection of ear protectors below, and don’t forget to take advantage of our free next day delivery if you spend over £25. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our team.
Helmet Mounted Ear Defenders
Here at Protec Direct, we offer the best quality helmet mounted ear defenders from leading brands such as Peltor and Centurion in order to keep your workforces protected.
Equipping your team with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is essential. Stocking up on PPE for your workforce doesn’t just uphold legal safety requirements, but is also fundamental to securing the safety and well-being of your team.
There’s a wide range of workplaces that require the provision of PPE, from construction sites to airports. Below, you’ll find the best ear protection we offer and how it can both protect workers from injury, and adhere to legal safety requirements.
The range of helmet mounted ear defenders available from Protec Direct
We’re proud to say that all Protec Direct equipment meets the necessary British and European legislation requirements. This means that we can support you, as an employer, with your moral and legal obligations to take care of your team. We only offer high-quality, durable brands such as Scott Safety, Centurion and Peltor 3M helmet mounted ear muffs; for workers that are required to wear a hard hat with ear protection.
Ear protection and the law
As of 2005, the Control of Noise at Work Regulations require that employers supply their staff with sound cancelling ear protection if they’re in an environment with 85 decibels (Db) of daily or weekly exposure. For those of you who may be unsure about the exact sound level of your workspace, you can use the HSE noise exposure calculator to see if you need to invest in hearing protection.
How do I choose the best ear protection?
Before choosing helmet mounted ear protection, it’s important to ensure you’re getting the right care for your team. There are a series of factors to consider, including:
- The ear protection must be able to reduce the noise to below 85Db.
- If the wearer is exposed to particularly extreme levels of noise in close range, they require stronger protection. The Z3IHME Zone 3 Helmet Mounted Earmuffs from Scott Safety can defend wearers from extreme noise level environments; such as when using pneumatic tools, or concrete drilling.
- If it’s necessary that the worker remains aware of their surroundings, and they work in low to medium noise level environments, then Zone 1 Mounted Earmuffs are recommended. This is suitable for DIY workers, or those working in food processing industries, as these earmuffs provide lightweight defence without over protecting.
- If it’s likely the member of staff will have to wear the ear muffs for an extended period of time, then factoring in pressure and comfort is important. In this case, the 3M Peltor Optime Helmet Attachment offers versatile coverage of noise levels, as well as foam-filled sealing rings for maximum comfort and low pressure.
Browse our full range of helmet mounted ear defenders below, and enjoy free next day delivery when you spend £25. For any further queries, don’t hesitate to contact a member of our team.