Elipse Respiratory Protective Equipment
Here at Protec Direct we stock a range of high performing and legally compliant welding respirators to suit a number of industrial applications. You can choose from disposable welding respirators, typically used for fine dust, oil or water-based mists, and there are options for metal fume, ozone and nuisance levels of certain gases and vapours. All Protec Direct respiratory masks conform to the appropriate British and European legislation requirements. Shop our collection of welding respirators now, or read on to find out more.
The range of welding respirators from Protec Direct
The use of welding respirators are an essential – and legal – requirement, so getting the right product for the work you’re undertaking is crucial. During welding, potentially dangerous fumes and gases are released, which if inhaled, can cause harm to the operative.
As part of our personal protective equipment (PPE) range, we stock welding respirators suited to a number of different industries and styles of work. Our customers have the peace of mind that their staff are protected and their business meets legal requirements, as we only stock welding respirators from industry-recognised brands, including 3M and Respair. All of our welding respirators are fume-valved, to help with the protection, and are equipped with individual data sheets, so you can get the exact spec and protection you need. Our welding respirators are used by a number of key industries, including construction, welding and soldering, iron and steel foundries and all types of manufacture, so you’re sure to find the right one for your business.
Regulations and Standards for using welding respirators
The Protect Direct team are proud to provide our customers with welding respirators that meet all regulations and standards expected in this industry. These include:
- Personal Protective Equipment Regulations. As an employer, you are legally obliged to provide your employees with safe working practices, so that PPE isn’t necessary, but with the correct protective equipment, that is safe and durable, when it is needed.
- EN149:2001 – The European Standard for filtering masks and face pieces that requires respirators to be entirely, or substantially, made from filtering material.
There are further details about the regulations and standards that each welding respirator adheres to in the individual product description, but if you’re unsure about anything, please don’t hesitate to contact our team, or call us on 0870 333 3081.
You can browse our selection of welding respirators below, and benefit from free next day delivery if you spend over £25. Did you know we also have a range of other respirators available in our range, from Scott Tornado Respirators to dust masks.
Full Face Respirators & Half Mask Respirators
At Protec Direct we stock an amazing selection of high-quality half mask and full face respirators as part of our full collection of respiratory protective equipment. All of the respirators below are crucial in helping to keep you safe when working in areas with contaminated air. If you are an employer, then by law you may have to provide half mask or full face respirators to employees as part of their PPE – read on below to learn more about these regulations.
What are half mask and full face respirators?
Both full face and half mask respirators offer the wearer exceptional levels of protection for workers against air that contains particles and can be used for purifying air which is contaminated. This includes particles such as wood or stone when the materials are being cut, dust, or hazards chemicals and solvents. Both of these types of respirators have their own uses:
- Full face respirators help to provide complete respiratory protection from particles in the air, but also provide protection for the eyes against airborne particles.
- Half mask respirators are less intrusive but still provide complete respiratory protection for the wearer. They can be paired with safety glasses or goggles to offer all the protection of a full face respirator.
Who uses half mask and full face respirator masks?
Half mask respirators and full face respirators are used in a wide range of occupations in which the wearer requires protection from the chemicals or particles in the air around them. These include, but are not limited to industries such as carpentry, metal work, masonry, painting and decorating, chemical and laboratories, janitorial, property renovations, and the arts and creative industries.
Regulations and Standards for half and full mask respirators
All of the respiratory PPE available online at Protec Direct conform to the relevant European Standards. These include:
- EN136 – This European Standard defines a full face respiratory mask as one which covers the chin, eyes, nose and mouth.
- EN140 – This European Standard covers the technical specifications for half and quarter face mask. It defines a half face respiratory mask as one which covers the mouth, nose and chin.
- EN143 – This European Standard covers particle filters used in respiratory masks and ensures they are classified according to their filtering efficiency. It splits filters into three categories – P1, P2, and P3.
There are also a number of regulations which govern respirators and PPE at work and set out an employers’ responsibilities, such as:
- Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations (1992) – It is essential for employers to ensure safe systems of work so the need for PPE is minimised, but where PPE is necessary it should be provided and always be fit for purpose. The PPE should be maintained and checked regularly and employees should be trained on how to correctly use it.
Browse the full collection of full and half face respirator mass below and find the suitable items for you and your employees. Or, browse many other specialist items such as FFP3 disposable respirators and welding respirators in our full RPE collection.