3M Respiratory Protective Equipment
Disposable FFP2 Dust Masks
If you are looking for FFP2 disposable respirators then you have come to the right place, as here at Protec we stock of a great selection which includes top brands like 3M, Respair, Moldex and Draeger. These masks are vital in helping to keep workers safe when there are harmful particles in the air, and it is actually the law for employers to provide them in some instances. Browse the complete range of FFP2 masks below, or read on to learn more about our disposable respirator range which also includes FFP1and FFP3 masks.
What are FFP2 masks?
FFP2 masks are types of respiratory protective equipment (RPE) which provide protection from airborne particles in accordance with official FFP dust mask ratings set out in EN 149. This European Standard ensures that FFP2 graded dust masks can protect against a moderate level of dust as well as solid or liquid aerosols, and ensures that the masks can filter a minimum of 94% of airborne particles. This makes FFP2 dust masks suitable for tasks such as plastering, sanding and carpentry.
In terms of other dust mask ratings, the FFP2 rating is the equivalent to 10x OEL Protection and 10x APF Protection.
Standards and Regulations for FFP2 disposable respirators
All of our FFP2 dust masks adhere to the EN149 European Standard which governs the general requirements and proper markings for RPE. There are also regulations which cover employers’ responsibilities for FFP2 dust masks and other respiratory equipment. These include:
- Personal Protection Equipment Regulations (2002) – Employers must provide and maintain PPE to a suitable level and ensure that employees are fully trained on how to use it in the correct manner.
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations (2002) – Employers are responsible for protecting employees when they are working in environments which expose them to substances which are hazardous to their health.
Browse the full range of FFP2 disposable dust masks below or use the filters on the left to find exactly what you need. There are many more specialist items in our RPE collection, including respiratory helmets and welding respirators.
Disposable FFP3 Respirators
At Protec, we stock a variety of FFP3 masks to help keep your workers safe.
When are FFP3 masks needed?
FFP3 respirator masks are required when workers are exposed to materials such as:
- Higher level fine dust or oil
- Water-based mists
- Hazardous pharmaceutical powders
At Protec, we sell FFP3 compliant respirators from a range of top brands including Respair, Draeger, Uvex, Moldex and 3M. All of these FFP3 masks filter a minimum of 99% of airborne particles, and are suitable for use in asbestos removal.
Regulations and standards for respiratory protection
Employers have a responsibility to protect workers if they are exposed to materials which could be harmful. The legislation and standards you should be aware of are as follows:
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations (2002) - According to these regulations, employers are responsible for protecting workers from being exposed to substances which could be hazardous to their health.
- Personal Protection Equipment Regulations (2002) - These regulations state that PPE equipment must be monitored to ensure it is fit for purpose, as well as being properly stored and maintained. Employees must also be trained on how to use it.
- EN 149 - This European standard lays out the general requirements and markings required for respiratory protection equipment to be fit for purpose.
At Protec, you can rest assured that all our FFP3 respirators comply with relevant European and British legislation, including the EN 149 standard. Browse our range of disposable respirator masks below, and make sure you’re equipped to meet the safety standards required.
Here at Protec Direct we stock a range of high performing and legally compliant welding respirators to suit a number of industrial applications. You can choose from disposable welding respirators, typically used for fine dust, oil or water-based mists, and there are options for metal fume, ozone and nuisance levels of certain gases and vapours. All Protec Direct respiratory masks conform to the appropriate British and European legislation requirements. Shop our collection of welding respirators now, or read on to find out more.
The range of welding respirators from Protec Direct
The use of welding respirators are an essential – and legal – requirement, so getting the right product for the work you’re undertaking is crucial. During welding, potentially dangerous fumes and gases are released, which if inhaled, can cause harm to the operative.
As part of our personal protective equipment (PPE) range, we stock welding respirators suited to a number of different industries and styles of work. Our customers have the peace of mind that their staff are protected and their business meets legal requirements, as we only stock welding respirators from industry-recognised brands, including 3M and Respair. All of our welding respirators are fume-valved, to help with the protection, and are equipped with individual data sheets, so you can get the exact spec and protection you need. Our welding respirators are used by a number of key industries, including construction, welding and soldering, iron and steel foundries and all types of manufacture, so you’re sure to find the right one for your business.
Regulations and Standards for using welding respirators
The Protect Direct team are proud to provide our customers with welding respirators that meet all regulations and standards expected in this industry. These include:
- Personal Protective Equipment Regulations. As an employer, you are legally obliged to provide your employees with safe working practices, so that PPE isn’t necessary, but with the correct protective equipment, that is safe and durable, when it is needed.
- EN149:2001 – The European Standard for filtering masks and face pieces that requires respirators to be entirely, or substantially, made from filtering material.
There are further details about the regulations and standards that each welding respirator adheres to in the individual product description, but if you’re unsure about anything, please don’t hesitate to contact our team, or call us on 0870 333 3081.
You can browse our selection of welding respirators below, and benefit from free next day delivery if you spend over £25. Did you know we also have a range of other respirators available in our range, from Scott Tornado Respirators to dust masks.
Full Face Respirators & Half Mask Respirators
At Protec Direct we stock an amazing selection of high-quality half mask and full face respirators as part of our full collection of respiratory protective equipment. All of the respirators below are crucial in helping to keep you safe when working in areas with contaminated air. If you are an employer, then by law you may have to provide half mask or full face respirators to employees as part of their PPE – read on below to learn more about these regulations.
What are half mask and full face respirators?
Both full face and half mask respirators offer the wearer exceptional levels of protection for workers against air that contains particles and can be used for purifying air which is contaminated. This includes particles such as wood or stone when the materials are being cut, dust, or hazards chemicals and solvents. Both of these types of respirators have their own uses:
- Full face respirators help to provide complete respiratory protection from particles in the air, but also provide protection for the eyes against airborne particles.
- Half mask respirators are less intrusive but still provide complete respiratory protection for the wearer. They can be paired with safety glasses or goggles to offer all the protection of a full face respirator.
Who uses half mask and full face respirator masks?
Half mask respirators and full face respirators are used in a wide range of occupations in which the wearer requires protection from the chemicals or particles in the air around them. These include, but are not limited to industries such as carpentry, metal work, masonry, painting and decorating, chemical and laboratories, janitorial, property renovations, and the arts and creative industries.
Regulations and Standards for half and full mask respirators
All of the respiratory PPE available online at Protec Direct conform to the relevant European Standards. These include:
- EN136 – This European Standard defines a full face respiratory mask as one which covers the chin, eyes, nose and mouth.
- EN140 – This European Standard covers the technical specifications for half and quarter face mask. It defines a half face respiratory mask as one which covers the mouth, nose and chin.
- EN143 – This European Standard covers particle filters used in respiratory masks and ensures they are classified according to their filtering efficiency. It splits filters into three categories – P1, P2, and P3.
There are also a number of regulations which govern respirators and PPE at work and set out an employers’ responsibilities, such as:
- Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations (1992) – It is essential for employers to ensure safe systems of work so the need for PPE is minimised, but where PPE is necessary it should be provided and always be fit for purpose. The PPE should be maintained and checked regularly and employees should be trained on how to correctly use it.
Browse the full collection of full and half face respirator mass below and find the suitable items for you and your employees. Or, browse many other specialist items such as FFP3 disposable respirators and welding respirators in our full RPE collection.
Respirator Helmets & Hoods
If you are looking for respirator helmets and hoods, Protec Direct supply a wide range of high performing and cost-effective products. Available with full hood, headcover, half hood and more. We stock brands such as Scott, 3M and Honeywell. Protec Direct respirator helmets are fully compliant with the appropriate British and European legislation requirements. Ensure your business is meeting legal requirements and buy from Protec Direct today.
The range of respirator helmets from Protec Direct
We stock a number of different respiratory helmets, so you can choose the right products for your purposes.
Our high-performance respirators have been created to protect the wearer from a diverse range of contaminates and substances, whilst undertaking a number of different industrial and chemical tasks. The products in our range fall into the following categories:
- Respiratory hoods – Like our 3M S-133L Hood that offer head and face coverage with face and eye protection. Many of the products in this range have the same impact as safety spectacles.
- Respirator half hoods – These provide a flow of air over the head and down the face, which offers a practical solution and provides comfort to the user.
- Respirator full hood headtops – Products like our Scott FH2 Full Hood Headtop offer complete head coverage, with a clear view panel to offer the user a wide field of vision.
- Darkening filters – Darkening filters like our Scott FH4 Auto Darkening Filter has a darkening lens that helps the user to see comfortably whilst wearing it.
If you aren’t sure which of our respiratory helmets is best for your workplace, please do call our sales helpline on 0870 333 3081 and they will be happy to advise.
Regulations and Standards for using respiratory helmets
Here at Protec Direct, we guarantee that the respirator helmets and hoods we provide meet all of the expected UK and EU standards and requirements, to guarantee the safety of our customers and their people at all times.
Here is just a selection of some of the standards our respirator helmets conform to:
- Personal Protective Equipment Regulations – The Personal Protective Equipment Regulations (2002) and Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations (1992) ensure that employers are responsible for the provision of personal protective equipment (PPE) that will protect against health and safety risks at work.
- EN 166 – A European Standard dictating the level of quality for safety spectacles. Some of our Respirator Helmets conform to this regulation, due to their strength and durability.
- EN 12941 – A European Standard dictating minimum requirements for respiratory devices that work with powered gas or particle filtering devices, and helmets and/or hoods.
You can see what regulations and standards each individual respirator helmet conforms to in the product description, so you have all of the information you need to make a purchase.
You can find the respiratory helmets or hoods to suit your requirements below. We also stock a range of other Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including eye protection and hearing protection. Order now and benefit from our free delivery offer on orders over £25.
3M Jupiter Powered Respirators
Welcome to the 3M Jupiter range at Protec Direct, where you’ll find everything you need for using this comfortable, powered respirator. As part of our full collection of respirators and RPE here you can find everything from 3M Jupiter hoods and head covers to the necessary pre-filter pads and particle filters, all available at unbeatable prices.
Using the 3M Jupiter powered respirator
The 3M Jupiter powered respirator is recognised as being one of the most comfortable and easy-to-use on the market and protects the wearer against particles, gases and vapours, or a combination of these contaminants depending on the filters used. This high-performance 3M respirator features a modern, ergonomic design, an 8 hour rechargeable battery, and also incorporates an electronic alarm to warm the wearer of low battery or air flow complications.
The extensive range of different 3M Jupiter filters are what make this respirator mask just so versatile, and allows the mask to protect from such a wide range of contaminants and substances. As well as filters, Protec also stock accessories for the Jupiter including breathing tubes, masks, or complete 3M Jupiter Turbo Powered Air Starter Kits which contain everything you need to get the job done.
Regulations and Standards for the 3M Jupiter respirator
As with all of the PPE available online at Protec Direct, all of our 3M Jupiter powered air respirators adhere to the relevant Standards, such as:
- EN 12941 – This European Standard specifies the minimum requirements for respiratory devices which incorporate powered gas or particle filtering devices, along with helmets and/or hoods.
Legally, employers may be required to provide 3M Jupiter powered respirators or other RPE to their employees in accordance to:
- Personal Protective Equipment Regulations (2002)
- Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations (1992)
Browse the full range of 3M Jupiter respirators, filters and accessories below or explore other specialist ranges such as the Scott Tornado powered respirators in our complete RPE collection.