Electric risks are around all of us, all of the time, guidance from the HSE states that a voltage as low as 50 volts applied between two parts of the human body causes a current to flow that can block the electrical signals between the brain and the muscles. This can have a number of effects including:
1. Stopping the heart beating properly
2. Preventing the person from breathing
3. Causing muscle spasms
The exact effect is dependent upon a large number of things including the size of the voltage, which parts of the body are involved, how damp the person is, and the length of time the current flows.
The Rock Fall RF140 Volta Safety Trainers and Rock Fall RF160 OHM Safety Boots are certified to impede the flow of electricity through the shoe and to the ground, reducing the likelihood of electrocution, in accordance with ASTM F2413-18.
Did you know EH shock resistant footwear must be capable of withstanding the application of 18,000 volts at 60 Hz for 1 minute with no current flow or leakage in excess of 1.0 milliampere?
1) 100% Non-Metallic with fibreglass toecap (certified as strong as steel) and Kevlar midsole (certified to prevent sharp objects going through the bottom of the shoe).
2) Boa® Fit System to replace traditional laces, this system is safer, more time efficient and simple to use. Simply pull the dial forward to hear a click, pull the tongue to loosen the shoe, push the dial down to hear a click, and twist the dial to tighten the shoe around your foot.
3) Extreme comfort Ortholite insole, the same is used in elite performance running trainers.
4) TPU rubber scuff caps to make the footwear last longer when kneeling.
5) Incredibly lightweight and flexible.