Respiratory Helmets & Hoods
Respirator Helmets & Hoods
If you are looking for respirator helmets and hoods, Protec Direct supply a wide range of high performing and cost-effective products. Available with full hood, headcover, half hood and more. We stock brands such as Scott, 3M and Honeywell. Protec Direct respirator helmets are fully compliant with the appropriate British and European legislation requirements. Ensure your business is meeting legal requirements and buy from Protec Direct today.
The range of respirator helmets from Protec Direct
We stock a number of different respiratory helmets, so you can choose the right products for your purposes.
Our high-performance respirators have been created to protect the wearer from a diverse range of contaminates and substances, whilst undertaking a number of different industrial and chemical tasks. The products in our range fall into the following categories:
- Respiratory hoods – Like our 3M S-133L Hood that offer head and face coverage with face and eye protection. Many of the products in this range have the same impact as safety spectacles.
- Respirator half hoods – These provide a flow of air over the head and down the face, which offers a practical solution and provides comfort to the user.
- Respirator full hood headtops – Products like our Scott FH2 Full Hood Headtop offer complete head coverage, with a clear view panel to offer the user a wide field of vision.
- Darkening filters – Darkening filters like our Scott FH4 Auto Darkening Filter has a darkening lens that helps the user to see comfortably whilst wearing it.
If you aren’t sure which of our respiratory helmets is best for your workplace, please do call our sales helpline on 0870 333 3081 and they will be happy to advise.
Regulations and Standards for using respiratory helmets
Here at Protec Direct, we guarantee that the respirator helmets and hoods we provide meet all of the expected UK and EU standards and requirements, to guarantee the safety of our customers and their people at all times.
Here is just a selection of some of the standards our respirator helmets conform to:
- Personal Protective Equipment Regulations – The Personal Protective Equipment Regulations (2002) and Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations (1992) ensure that employers are responsible for the provision of personal protective equipment (PPE) that will protect against health and safety risks at work.
- EN 166 – A European Standard dictating the level of quality for safety spectacles. Some of our Respirator Helmets conform to this regulation, due to their strength and durability.
- EN 12941 – A European Standard dictating minimum requirements for respiratory devices that work with powered gas or particle filtering devices, and helmets and/or hoods.
You can see what regulations and standards each individual respirator helmet conforms to in the product description, so you have all of the information you need to make a purchase.
You can find the respiratory helmets or hoods to suit your requirements below. We also stock a range of other Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including eye protection and hearing protection. Order now and benefit from our free delivery offer on orders over £25.