Keepsafe Hearing Protection
Disposable Ear Plugs
Disposable hearing protection is an essential item of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) that is necessary to adhere to the safety standards expected of you as an employer and care for your employees’ wellbeing.Here at Protec Direct, we stock the highest quality commercial ear plugs, from leading brands such as Peltor, Honeywell and Uvex. There are a number of working environments that require effective disposable ear protection, such as motoring and engineering. Below, we guide you through the best ear protection we offer, and how they can serve to protect your team and uphold legal safety requirements.
The range of disposable ear plugs available from Protec Direct
From 3M Classic Ear Plugs to Moldex Ear Plugs, we offer a full scope of disposable foam hearing protection at Protec Direct. Whatever the working environment, whether construction or food production, we supply the leading brands in PPE to ensure the safety of your team. We’re proud to assure you that all Protec Direct hearing protection meets the appropriate British and European legislation requirements.
Ear protection and the law
Based on the Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005, employers are required to provide sound cancelling ear plugs for all employees if they’re in an environment with 85 decibels (dB) of daily or weekly exposure. If you’re unsure about the level of volume in your workplace, use the HSE noise exposure calculator to find out how much noise your workplace generates.
Employees must also be fully trained in how to use their ear protection correctly and safely, and know when it must be worn throughout their working day. It is also required that Hearing Protection Zones in the workplace are clearly marked and identified.
How do I choose the best ear protection?
There are a number of considerations to make when buying the right ear plugs for your workplace. These are as follows:
- Ensure that the ear protection you have chosen will reduce noise to below 85dB to guarantee the individual’s safety.
- Consider the working environment, including how regularly the protection will need to be worn. For example, if worn for a long duration, disposable foam ear plugs are recommended. Products like the Moldex 7700 Purafit Foam Ear Plugs have a tapered design and extended length, meaning comprehensive protection that doesn’t sacrifice the wearer’s comfort.
- Think about the other PPE the employee will be wearing. For example, those working near large machinery will also be wearing hard hats or helmets, so cordless ear plugs such as the Uvex Ear Plugs would work well.
- It’s advised to take into account the hygiene of the area. If your employees work somewhere that’s often dirty, the dirt resistant surface of the 3M 1100 Ear Plugs will prove useful.
Browse our complete selection of disposable ear plugs for sale below, and don’t forget to take advantage of our free next day delivery, available to all customers who spend over £25. For any further queries, don’t hesitate to contact a member of our team.
Keepsafe Face Protection
Keepsafe First Aid
Keepsafe Hand Protection
For workers in the construction industry, gloves offer valuable protection for a wide range of tasks.
Here at Protec Direct, we stock builders’ gloves from top brands like Showa, Juba and Polyco, which are designed to provide grip, comfort and protection. Our range includes nitrile gloves, palm coated gloves and latex grip gloves, so you can find an option that’s just right for every member of your team.
Keepsafe Respiratory Protective Equipment
Disposable FFP3 Respirators
At Protec, we stock a variety of FFP3 masks to help keep your workers safe.
When are FFP3 masks needed?
FFP3 respirator masks are required when workers are exposed to materials such as:
- Higher level fine dust or oil
- Water-based mists
- Hazardous pharmaceutical powders
At Protec, we sell FFP3 compliant respirators from a range of top brands including Respair, Draeger, Uvex, Moldex and 3M. All of these FFP3 masks filter a minimum of 99% of airborne particles, and are suitable for use in asbestos removal.
Regulations and standards for respiratory protection
Employers have a responsibility to protect workers if they are exposed to materials which could be harmful. The legislation and standards you should be aware of are as follows:
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations (2002) - According to these regulations, employers are responsible for protecting workers from being exposed to substances which could be hazardous to their health.
- Personal Protection Equipment Regulations (2002) - These regulations state that PPE equipment must be monitored to ensure it is fit for purpose, as well as being properly stored and maintained. Employees must also be trained on how to use it.
- EN 149 - This European standard lays out the general requirements and markings required for respiratory protection equipment to be fit for purpose.
At Protec, you can rest assured that all our FFP3 respirators comply with relevant European and British legislation, including the EN 149 standard. Browse our range of disposable respirator masks below, and make sure you’re equipped to meet the safety standards required.