Deb Janitorial & Cleaning Supplies
Deb Industrial Skin Care & Janitorial
Deb Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
We source our face protection equipment from trusted brands such as Honeywell, Scott and Centurion, so you can have peace of mind that the equipment you’re using is of the very best quality. We also offer a wide range of head protection equipment, such as hard hats and bump caps, so you can stock up on everything you need in one place.
All of our head and face protection products conform to appropriate British and European legislation requirements, so you can rest assured that you’re investing in products which will maximise employee safety as well as ensuring your business meets the legal obligations required.
When Is Face Protection Equipment Required?
Face protection equipment is essential if workers face hazards in their role such as:
- Chemical splashes
- Molten metal
- High velocity impact – for example, fast moving particles in the air from activities such as cutting and grinding
Employers are required to ensure that staff facing hazards such as those listed above are properly equipped with appropriate face protection, such as the browguards and visors available here at Protec.
What Are the Regulations for Face Protection?
When workers are exposed to hazards which could impact on their health and safety, employers have a legal responsibility to take steps to protect them. It’s important to be aware of the relevant regulations and standards, including:
- Personal Protection Equipment Regulations (2002) – These regulations state that employers must provide PPE equipment free of charge, as well as ensuring that it’s fit for purpose and that employees are properly trained on how to use it.
- European standards for face protection – There are a number of European standards in place to outline what’s required for face protection equipment to be fit for purpose. This includes standards for equipment used in specific settings. For example, the EN175 standard lays out the requirements for eye and face protection used during welding.
At Protec, we do the hard work for you, by making sure that all of our face protection equipment is CE approved and meets the relevant standards required by law.
If you operate in an industry where employees’ health and safety is compromised and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required for them to carry out their role, you will be responsible for:
- Providing PPE equipment free of charge for employees to use
- Providing employees with training on why the equipment is required, and how to use it properly
- Ensuring PPE equipment is fit for purpose, and carrying out maintenance, repairs or replacement of equipment when necessary
- Ensuring that all PPE products carry the required CE mark, in accordance with the Personal Protection Equipment Regulations 2002
Browse our range of browguards, visors and accessories below, and find everything you need to maximise safety for your team.