ROAD TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT
Protec Direct offer a comprehensive range of roadwork and traffic equipment. All our products comply with all relevant standards and road trafficlegislation.
• Traffic cones are used to delineate the traffic lane a driver should take past an obstruction, accident or roadworks. The size and placing of road cones depend on the speed as well as the type and size of work be carried out.
• All traffic cones need to comply with the relevant requirements of BS873 ‘Road traffic Signs and Internally Illuminated Bollards’: Part 8: 1995 ‘Specification for Traffic Cones and Cylinders’. In addition, comply with Regulation 56 of the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2002 (TSRGD 2002). European Standard EN13422 is also available for traffic cones. The TSRGD 2002 still specifies BS873 product. All cones featured in this catalogue fully comply with all latest legislation.
• Barriers are used to guard obstructions and excavations. Barriers may consist of separate portable post and plank systems, gate frames linked together, or semi-permanent constructions.
• Barriers are grouped in three main types:
- Traffic – red & white striped with retro-reflective properties
- Pedestrian – come in several contrasting colours in order to be conspicuous – red, yellow, white or orange
- Fencing barriers - used to section off areas
• Road lamps are a vital part of the traffic safety system in alerting others to the dangers of obstructions & roadworks. Road lamps must conform to BS3143 (this has been replaced by
EN12352, but the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions (TSRGD) 2002 still require that BS3143 lamps) and must be used at night on roads with a speed limit of 40mph or above.
• All road lamps featured in this catalogue meet if not exceed relevant standards and legislation.