Safety Glasses and Goggles
Safety Glasses, Goggles and Overspecs
In many workplace environments, the wearing of face and eye protection is mandatory. Eye injuries can translate into pain, loss of time, money and loss of sight. Many day-to-day tasks can involve flying debris that can cause serious injuries to the eyes. Click the options below to buy protective eyewear.
Protective Eyewear Requirement By Law
Eye protection is a requirement by law under the Personal Protective Equipment At Work Regulation 1992 when working in an hazardous area. Employers have to provide suitable personal protective equipment to the exposed employee.
Typical Eye Hazards While Working
- Chemical splash - All round unvented eye protection is recommended when working with chemicals.
- Impact hazards - Safety goggles or visors provide protection from impacts to the eyes.
- Loose particles or liquid splash - When there's a risk of flying particles or liquid splash, full face protection may be required. Ventilation offers the wearer more comfort.
Which Safety Glasses or Goggles to Choose?
We offer an extensive range of protective eyewear and accessories, including:
- Safety eye shields - suitable for factory visitors and observers where the risk of flying materials is low.
- Safety spectacles - for use with low / medium risk of flying particles.
- Low energy Liquid / Dust Safety Goggles - suitable where the risk is liquid droplets such as cleaning fluids.
- Medium energy / Impact Safety Goggles - suitable where the risk is large flying particles.
- Medium energy Liquid / Dust Safety Goggles - suitable where the risk is small flying particles and liquid / dust droplets such as pressure washing and high speed machinery and tools.
- Face Shields - suitable where the risk is flying particles and liquid splash and there is a requirement to protect the whole face.
Tinted Safety Glasses.
We have various colours of lens depending on your requirements, including:
- Clear – Standard protection.
- Amber – Removes some of the visible blue light thus providing better contrast enhancement. Also offers a level of light enhancement when working in low light environments.
- Grey – Sun glare filter for use outdoor. Also offers UV and impact protection.
- Brown SCT – Sun glare filter for use outdoor. Also offers UV and impact protection.
European Standards for Safety Glasses
- EN 166 - Specification for personal eye protection; applies to all types of eye protection used against various hazards, as encountered in industry, DIY activities etc, which are likely to damage or impair vision, with the exemption of nuclear radiation, x-rays, laser beams and low temperature infrared (IR) radiation emitted low radiation sources.
- EN 170 - Ultraviolet filters
- EN 171 - Infrared filters
- EN 172 - Sunglare filters for industrial use
- EN 175 - Eye and face protection during welding