Scott Site Essentials
Scott Head Protection
Scott Respiratory Protective Equipment
Full Face Respirators & Half Mask Respirators
At Protec Direct we stock an amazing selection of high-quality half mask and full face respirators as part of our full collection of respiratory protective equipment. All of the respirators below are crucial in helping to keep you safe when working in areas with contaminated air. If you are an employer, then by law you may have to provide half mask or full face respirators to employees as part of their PPE – read on below to learn more about these regulations.
What are half mask and full face respirators?
Both full face and half mask respirators offer the wearer exceptional levels of protection for workers against air that contains particles and can be used for purifying air which is contaminated. This includes particles such as wood or stone when the materials are being cut, dust, or hazards chemicals and solvents. Both of these types of respirators have their own uses:
- Full face respirators help to provide complete respiratory protection from particles in the air, but also provide protection for the eyes against airborne particles.
- Half mask respirators are less intrusive but still provide complete respiratory protection for the wearer. They can be paired with safety glasses or goggles to offer all the protection of a full face respirator.
Who uses half mask and full face respirator masks?
Half mask respirators and full face respirators are used in a wide range of occupations in which the wearer requires protection from the chemicals or particles in the air around them. These include, but are not limited to industries such as carpentry, metal work, masonry, painting and decorating, chemical and laboratories, janitorial, property renovations, and the arts and creative industries.
Regulations and Standards for half and full mask respirators
All of the respiratory PPE available online at Protec Direct conform to the relevant European Standards. These include:
- EN136 – This European Standard defines a full face respiratory mask as one which covers the chin, eyes, nose and mouth.
- EN140 – This European Standard covers the technical specifications for half and quarter face mask. It defines a half face respiratory mask as one which covers the mouth, nose and chin.
- EN143 – This European Standard covers particle filters used in respiratory masks and ensures they are classified according to their filtering efficiency. It splits filters into three categories – P1, P2, and P3.
There are also a number of regulations which govern respirators and PPE at work and set out an employers’ responsibilities, such as:
- Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations (1992) – It is essential for employers to ensure safe systems of work so the need for PPE is minimised, but where PPE is necessary it should be provided and always be fit for purpose. The PPE should be maintained and checked regularly and employees should be trained on how to correctly use it.
Browse the full collection of full and half face respirator mass below and find the suitable items for you and your employees. Or, browse many other specialist items such as FFP3 disposable respirators and welding respirators in our full RPE collection.
Scott Tornado Respirators
Welcome to the extensive range of Scott Tornado T-Power respirator modules, filters and headwear at Protec Direct. Below you will find everything you need when working with the high-performance Tornado respirator, all available at unbeatable prices. Browse all of the Scott Tornado products below or check out our full respirators and RPE range for other respiratory protection.
Using the Scott Tornado Respirator
The Scott Tornado is highly regarded as the benchmark in modular respiratory protection systems. With the powerful Tornado T-Power unit at the heart of its system, this reliable bit of kit helps to provide filtered airflow whenever and wherever it is needed. Versatility is at the heart of the Tornado respirator and the ability to swap between powered air system or a constant flow with a comprehensive range of headtops means it can be used for a wide and diverse range of occupations such as the industrial welding, agricultural and waste disposal industries.
Here at Protec you can find a great selection of Tornado respirator filters, including the Safety Pro 2000 TF220, TF223 and TF230, plus other essential products like connecting hoses and filter adaptors. In terms of headwear, you are really spoilt for choice at Protec with our selection of high-quality and affordable headtops, visors, half hoods, full hoods and helmets – all designed to work seamlessly with the rest of your Scott Tornado kit.
Regulations and Standards for using Scott Tornado respirators
We strive to ensure that all of the products sold online at Protec Direct are of the highest quality and therefore make sure that all of our Scott Tornado respirators, and all other PPE and RPE, adhere to the relevant governing standards. These include:
- EN 12941 – This European Standard concerns all helmet or hood respiratory devices that incorporate powered particle and gas filters, and specifies the minimum requirements these must meet.
- EN 12942 – This European Standard governs respiratory protective devices which incorporate full face, half face or quarter face masks and specifies the correct testing methods and markings.
Finally, your employer may be legally obliged to provide you with Scott Tornado respirators or other respiratory equipment in accordance to the following regulations.
- Personal Protective Equipment Regulations (2002)
- Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations (1992)
Explore the full range of Scott Tornado filters, headtops, masks and accessories below, or why not check out other specialist equipment such as our 3M Jupiter powered respirator collection.