Keepsafe Hearing Protection
Keepsafe Hand Protection
Builders’ Grip Gloves
For workers in the construction industry, gloves offer valuable protection for a wide range of tasks. Here at Protec Direct, we stock builders’ gloves from top brands like Showa, Juba and Polyco, which are designed to provide grip, comfort and protection. Our range includes nitrile gloves, palm coated gloves and latex grip gloves, so you can find an option that’s just right for every member of your team.
When Should Builders’ Gloves Be Worn?
Gloves can provide protection for a wide range of construction tasks, including:
- Operating heavy machinery
- Working with glass
- Heavy duty tasks
At Protec, our builders’ grip gloves are suitable for all types of construction work, providing versatile protection for a wide range of tasks.
The construction industry comes with a wide range of health and safety risks, and employers therefore have a number of responsibilities, including:
- Providing PPE equipment such as gloves for employees to use free of charge
- Providing training to ensure that employees understand the importance of PPE equipment, and that they know when items such as gloves should be worn
- Replacing protective equipment as and when necessary
- Ensuring that all protective equipment carries the required CE safety mark, to meet with Personal Protective Equipment Regulations
Hand Protection Regulations
As with all protective equipment, there are some regulations that you need to be aware of in relation to hand protection, including:
- Personal Protective Equipment Regulations (2002) – According to these regulations, employers have a responsibility to provide PPE equipment such as gloves to protect workers’ safety, as well as replacing them when needed.
- EN 420 – This European standard lays out the requirements protective gloves must meet in order to be deemed fit for purpose.
At Protec Direct, all of our builders’ grip gloves conform with relevant legislation, so when you buy with us you can rest assured that you’re meeting the required standards.
Browse our selection of builders’ gloves below, or take a look at our full range of hand protection gloves for a variety of different purposes. We offer everything from anti-vibration gloves to cut-resistant gloves, so you can find exactly what you need for every task on site.
Keepsafe First Aid
Keepsafe Respiratory Protective Equipment
Disposable FFP3 Respirators
At Protec, we stock a variety of FFP3 masks to help keep your workers safe.
When are FFP3 masks needed?
FFP3 respirator masks are required when workers are exposed to materials such as:
- Higher level fine dust or oil
- Water-based mists
- Hazardous pharmaceutical powders
At Protec, we sell FFP3 compliant respirators from a range of top brands including Respair, Draeger, Uvex, Moldex and 3M. All of these FFP3 masks filter a minimum of 99% of airborne particles, and are suitable for use in asbestos removal.
Regulations and standards for respiratory protection
Employers have a responsibility to protect workers if they are exposed to materials which could be harmful. The legislation and standards you should be aware of are as follows:
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations (2002) - According to these regulations, employers are responsible for protecting workers from being exposed to substances which could be hazardous to their health.
- Personal Protection Equipment Regulations (2002) - These regulations state that PPE equipment must be monitored to ensure it is fit for purpose, as well as being properly stored and maintained. Employees must also be trained on how to use it.
- EN 149 - This European standard lays out the general requirements and markings required for respiratory protection equipment to be fit for purpose.
At Protec, you can rest assured that all our FFP3 respirators comply with relevant European and British legislation, including the EN 149 standard. Browse our range of disposable respirator masks below, and make sure you’re equipped to meet the safety standards required.